Thursday, June 28, 2012

Resuscitating Abandoned Paintings, June 28 2012

Two paintings from previous eras which were abandoned after I realized I couldn't pull them together. Recently pulled from storage (along with much of the material in the Shoppingtown exhibition), I'm trying to rehabilitate them into shape. And using both as a way to coax some color back into my work: Starting in about 1995 I more or less ditched color after having been critiqued for being to reliant upon it for tone. Will update regularly as these evolve. Here's a look after a few days getting underway with both.


"Susan", originally 1992, acrylic on foam core, 36 x 48 inches.


No title yet, part of the Railroad Painting series from 1996, acrylic on wood panel, approx. 26 x 48 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment