Monday, June 12, 2023

(R)Evolution June 2023 Art Exhibit at The Gear Factory Syracuse NY: Gallery Hours 6pm to 9pm Through Friday June 16


Pretty sure this is the longest post in the history of this blog, taking a look at some of the artworks from (R)Evolution's 2023 spring/summer event at The Gear Factory in Syracuse. While unable to do the show or be part of the event I wanted to be sure to see the artworks during the exhibit's gallery hours, which run 6pm to 9pm through Friday June 16. Please do go, there were some eye opening sights to see and just going to see them in person support the cause of visual arts in Central New York.

There were far too many artists represented in the exhibit to give each equal time for which I apologize. Responded to my eye and tried to include names & contact info when available. If any artist wishes their works removed from the post or their personal information redacted I am at your service to do so. One does not need to be logged in to use the comment/message system which I check daily. You can also email me at this link here.


The Gear Factory
200 S. Geddes St. Syracuse NY




Eli Cary


Excellent. 



Apologies for not being able to find names.



Cassandra Schmitt, who may have also done the other hanging piece above? 



Sydney McCall, and I like the text + installation art ethic.



James Leach


Looks familiar, I believe we met at a Tech Garden show? 



Impressive orderliness, got distracted and spaced on getting a name. Any help and I'll add it.


Mary Ann Auricchio



Lyrical and tight. 


Aurora Waldron, who made me think of Steve Hackett's "Voyage of the Acolyte", whose song titles are all based on the Tarot deck. 




Ryan Warner



No name, which is too bad as these were quite nice. Looks like encaustic? Wish I knew more, if anyone can help on a name will add it. 


Richell Castellon, who took part in every Tech Garden show he was made aware of, usually with new paintings done just for the exhibit. Always on time, works ready to hang, his own cards, brought guests to the reception. A pleasure to work with and blessed with a skill set for painting which I can only look at with envy.



Richell could teach me something about light sources, and how to use color to signify illumination.


Izzy Dugger, and three of the finest works in the exhibit. You have me at the seahorse.



"Brooklyn NY in Syracuse."


Wish I'd looked closer at lower left, I love medical textbook illustrations, where like you build up the corpus with page after page of internal organs.


Marina M. Giraud, and all of it first rate. Knows something else about illumination and color.


Heh ... it blew my camera's AI mind.



Cam Clarke. I like it.



Tony Thompson. Miss the man and can't wait to do more shows with him.




Interesting! Totally unexpected.

Best I can make of a name is "RojovFuxia" with the V standing for a heart? Artist is from Columbia and knows how to use toy forms to create new possible worlds.


Yes! Can I bring my spacemen next time?




Will see if I can scare up a website or other online feed & update. 




Would love to talk shop on how they collect the toy forms.


The Genuine Charlie Sam


Haley Woolsey. Not sure why but this little assembly caught my attention. 



Ashley Cox, whom I know as a musician from my time tending the artwork at BC Restaurant.


Excellent.


This was a fun display, I believe it's a wife (top) husband (bottom) team? Apologies in advance if incorrect. That's one of the reasons you go to these things, to ask.


Esteban Trotman, and sorry but yes I went right for Yoda.


Dude ... Wow!


Marlenne Trotman, and my favorite painting in the whole show. You would get out of their way.



I like em.


David Benjamin Goldman, and he knows about making things.



Jess Kane


Superb. The catness of the movement is cunning, and the painting is excellent.



Chrissy Burd



James P. McCambell, another Tech Garden gallery regular and having his works featured at The Everson Museum, will go take a look.


The work is always strong with this one.



Steph Tashjian, forgive if incorrect (card below) and in terms of Unexpectedness, Devotion to Subject and Fun Factor these are a 10 out of 10.



Excellent, apologies for the lousy focus.



Charles Carey


Charles just happened to be there attending to his works, which if I understand correctly are print-based using a method for t-shirt printing then painted into. I was struck by the confidence in his linemaking and that makes sense. It's a half stencil and very strong work.



Rosario Freeman, wish there'd been a way to get a better picture but that's why you should go see the exhibit for yourself.


You have me at "extensive collage".

Gallery hours 6pm to 9pm through Friday June 16.

1 comment:

  1. Great coverage! What an amazing collective show. So many unique pieces. Thrilled to have met the artist Charles!

    ReplyDelete