Monday, May 15, 2023

"The Engineer" Found Object Space Art Combo Underway using Painted Astronaut from 2021


"The Engineer", 5.5 inch plastic figure with acrylics, there in a backdrop piece used in my photo work. High time he got his own artscape to inhabit.


Three minute upload outlining the project including choice of box and other strange tales. Had a great brainstorm session and turned it into content - Post here on what I call my Space Blog with more pix and some of my thought process on the early conception here. Features the same video as above.


Some of the original 1960s toy line that the painted figure is based on, manufactured by Multiple Products Company (MPC) from 1962 to 1984 or so. Had em as a kid, finding some were a priority. My favorite is the Sentry at far right with the Soozaphone held up to his helmet. Would that work in a vacuum?


This figure a copy from the 1990s I painted and he needs a very special housing. Click the image to see more!

No comments:

Post a Comment